ANN ARBOR, Mich. – TraQtion, a leading provider of cloud-based quality and compliance software, announces the availability of TraQtion advanced specification management for product attribute management. With this module, food retailers and producers can track and control all data related to specific ingredients, recipes, dietary and nutritional information and approved suppliers. The new module helps TraQtion customers improve time to market while also addressing the growing demands of health-conscious consumers who track ingredient claims including non-GMO, nutritional labels and allergens.
TraQtion is an independent subsidiary of NSF International, an organisation with over 70 years of technical and scientific expertise in food safety and quality. TraQtion provides critical quality and compliance tools to restaurants, retailers and manufacturers in 90 countries.
TraQtion’s advanced specification management solution is currently used by a major UK foodservice brand to validate automated ingredient specifications and product information. The module can be used stand alone or combined with the full suite of TraQtion services, which scan, evaluate and interpret data across the supply chain. TraQtion reduces costs by minimizing errors and limiting the duplication of data entry. It also alerts users of high-risk suppliers, products and sites so they can take quick action to protect both consumers and their brand.
“Consumers today expect high quality ingredients as well as transparency from product nutritional and dietary information,” said Sireesha Mandava, Senior Director for TraQtion. “The advanced specification management solution, as part of TraQtion’s suite of services, supports due diligence by helping protect against risk and provide the nutritional and dietary information that consumers are now demanding.”
Some of the capabilities of TraQtion’s advanced specification management include:
- Highly configurable design to cater for all specifications big or small, complex or simple
- Supplier validation to ensure only technically approved suppliers are used for products
- Glossary-driven database to significantly reduce errors
- Ability to validate data at point of entry
- Lessons learned from industry solutions to deliver enhanced user experience
- Ability to capture nutritional, dietary and lifestyle details of the product
With the addition of advanced specification management for PLM tracking, TraQtion continues to grow its wide range of solutions important to the food industry through the support of NSF International global food, product safety and quality experts. The technical resources and expertise behind the development of TraQtion sets it apart from many competitive solutions, ensuring value beyond regulatory compliance.
In addition to the advanced specification management module, the full suite of TraQtion products include:
- Supplier Compliance – Provides control and visibility into the supply chain and supplier communication. Runs 24/7 checks against requirements and generates automatic alerts for appropriate actions. Helps companies acquire better document management to meet numerous governmental standards.
- Product Quality – Assures that products received meet specifications and assists in more informed product orders. All product information is in one place allowing for full compliance that permits immediate pull of products and identification of alternate suppliers in a time of need.
- Site Compliance – Enables centralized compliance tracking using a main dashboard for all facilities with at-a-glance performance ratings for quick action and streamlined communications.
For sales inquiries, contact our business development team for a consultative conversation by completing the online form or by phoning +1-734-214-6240.
For media inquiries, please contact Thomas Frey, APR, at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1-734-214-6242.
TraQtion (traqtion.com) is a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solution that manages food safety, quality and compliance for supply chains, products and sites. Developed from the ground up using NSF International's food safety and quality expertise, TraQtion serves leading manufacturers, retailers and restaurants around the world that place a high emphasis on customer satisfaction and safety. TraQtion, a wholly owned subsidiary of NSF International, is headquartered in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA with regional offices in Long Hanborough, UK.
About NSF International
Founded in 1944, NSF International (nsf.org) is committed to protecting human health and safety worldwide. With clients in more than 170 countries, NSF is a Pan American Health Organization/World Health Organization Collaborating Center on Food Safety, Water Quality and Indoor Environment. NSF is a global independent organization that writes standards, and tests and certifies products for the food, water, health sciences and consumer goods industries to minimize adverse health effects and protect the environment.
The NSF Global Food Division provides expertise and accredited services across all supply chain sectors, including agriculture, animal feed and welfare, produce, processing, distribution, dairy, seafood, quality management software, retail and restaurants. Services include Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) certification (SQF, BRC, GLOBALG.A.P., IFS, FSSC 22000, BAP and CanadaGAP), HACCP validation and inspection, label claims verification and certification (including GMO transparency, gluten-free, honey traceability and kosher), and organic food certification through Quality Assurance International (QAI). We also offer expert auditing, consulting, technical services and DNA testing. NSF is also the leading certifier of foodservice equipment and nonfood compounds.